commonly diagnosed cancer
among U.S. women,
next to skin cancer
are breast cancer
invasive breast cancer
diagnosed with invasive
breast cancer this year
cancer result in death
take place in the U.S.
At AirXpanders, we believe a woman deserves a comfortable road to recovery and the highest quality of life following a mastectomy.
Currently, women who elect breast cancer reconstructive surgery can face a lengthy and painful process with today’s conventional, needle-based, saline tissue expanders.
AirXpanders has developed the AeroForm tissue expander, a patient controlled breast tissue expander that could change the field of reconstructive surgery.
The AeroForm patient controlled tissue expander includes a small handheld wireless controller that administers small amounts of CO2 into the device to stretch the skin to accommodate a permanent breast implant.
AeroFormTM is a patient controlled tissue expander that is designed to:
- Eliminate the need for percutaneous saline injections
- Release a precise amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) for gradual expansion
- Allow patient to fully regulate expansion according to physician protocol
- Shorten tissue expansion time from months to weeks
- Significantly reduce pain and discomfort
- Improve cosmetic outcomes for a natural form and shape
- Reduce overall time and costs for the physicians office
Breast Cancer Statistics
(provided by www.breastcancer.org, ASPS.org, ACS.org)
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among U.S. women
next to skin cancer.
- 25% of cancers in women are breast cancer
- 12% of women will develop invasive breast cancer
- 250,000 women will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer this year
- 40,610 cases result in death
- Over 90,000 reconstructions take place in the U.S. each year
Why women don’t choose breast reconstruction
Following a mastectomy, the decision to pursue breast reconstruction surgery is a very personal choice, with about 33% of women choosing to do so. This low adoption rate may come as a surprise to some, but when considering today’s long process of expanding the breast tissue to create a pocket for the permanent breast implant, one can begin to see why so many women choose to forego this process.
The aim of the AeroForm tissue expander is to offer a needle free, patient controlled solution for those debating their breast reconstruction options following a mastectomy.
Benefits of Tissue Expansion with AeroFormTM
- No needles required for expansion
- No needle based infection risk
- No inadvertent expander punctures
- No office based prep time
- Natural appearance
- Pre-determined anatomical shape
- Lower pole emphasis
- Light weight at volume
-Patient controlled remote
-Delivers in 10cc increments
- Allows (3) doses per day
- Audible / visual confirmation
- In-home vs. in-office expansion